Independent Sales RepresentativesSFBBG has a long-standing and well-deserved reputation for providing the highest level of legal services to independent sales representatives. Representatives from across the country turn to SFBBG for legal counsel related to commission disputes or other conflicts with their principals, organizational or succession strategies, and to discuss other business issues. Our attorneys offer the broad perspective of a business-oriented law firm, combined with a deep knowledge of the unique issues facing sales representatives. SFBBG has decades of experience representing independent sales representatives and many of their trade associations, which allows us to quickly focus on the issues at hand and achieve an expedient, successful and cost-effective result.
SERVICES FOR SALES REPRESENTATIVES INCLUDE:
- Draft, review and negotiate rep-principal contracts designed to benefit the independent sales representative
- Litigation (or alternative dispute resolution means) to enforce sales representative contracts and pursue commission claims
- Sales, mergers and acquisitions of representative organizations
- Exit strategies, including succession planning and documentation
- Counseling on non-compete provisions, and litigating such claims when necessary
- Contracting or resolving disputes with sub-reps or employees
- Comprehensive tax planning (state and federal)
- Prepare state-of-the-art employee manuals and handbooks
- Employee benefits, including pension and insurance programs
- Counsel representatives on general corporate and strategic matters
We provide our Expert Access program to members of any rep association that is a sponsor of the Manufacturers’ Representatives Educational and Research Foundation (MRERF). Expert Access provides a complimentary 20-minute telephone consultation to answer legal questions related to rep issues.
To learn more about our Sales Rep practice, click the link below.